Whether your a morning person or your not, having a morning ritual can completely change the outcome of your day! If you start your day out consistently the same way imagine the mind set you would have to achieve the things you want.
"Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" Benjamin Franklin
I started my morning ritual about 12 months ago and I am not going to lie I had and still occasionally have mornings when thinking about getting up is almost impossible but the weeks I do my morning ritual everyday are my most productive, most energetic, most creative and most positive days I have!
Here is a list of my 5 reason why a morning ritual will change your life!
1. Rituals create a rhythm: it may seem obvious but rituals can help create a rhythm and pace to your life. This means thinking wisely about your rituals and how it makes you feel and the energy it creates. If sitting quietly with a hot cup of tea or water before reading or talking to anyone means you reset ready for the day, do that. Rituals should be focused on helping you create calm and mental clarity for the day.
2. Sets the stage: Beginning your day with the news, Facebook or Instagram can, lets be honest, is probably not great for your frame of mind. Starting your day with good thoughts and feelings can set the tone for how you feel throughout the day. My morning rituals help me to have a better thought process about myself and to think more positively about anything that comes my way.
3. Create a spark: I find when I do my morning rituals, I am ready for anything and that includes having space for creativity. I find when I am in the best mindset I am able to produce things without as much frustration and I am lot more open to ideas and exciting thoughts.
4. Ramp up the Productivity : Morning rituals help you get into a frame of mind to achieve the things you want. I find I am on the pace with everything I need to be. One of my morning rituals is writing my to do list for the day. I make sure my to do list is achievable, practical and also moves me in the direction I need/want to be heading. I don't forget things or loose track of my day.
5. Great impact on your physical health: I find that I want to choose healthy options, workout more and live a more energetic life. My morning ritual includes yoga and spending some time stretching and setting my body up for the day. This inspires me to move more throughout the day and I never miss a workout during the week. I am in the right mindset to choose the things I need to get through the day the best way possible.
I hope some of these points get you thinking about starting a morning ritual and the benefits it can have on your life! Keep a look out for our next blog on how to create a morning ritual.