New Years resolutions can encompass so many different things, from being more adventurous to taking more time for yourself. More often than not, a New Years resolutions has elements of health and fitness.
Most of us would have made resolutions and goals at the beginning of this year but if you haven't managed to stick to it, you are not alone.
So what can we do to make sure we achieve our goals for 2017.
1. Breakdown your goal into "micro" goals that you can achieve every day. If you break your goal into smaller pieces "micro goals" and directly focus on these goals and keep moving through them until you achieve your ultimate goal. For example 2 workout sessions per week for one month, once you have achieve this goal then 3 workout sessions per week until you build up so you have something active each day.
- check out this link for some tips on micro goal setting: http://goodlifezen.com/5-tips-for-setting-smarter-goals-with-the-micro-perspective/
2. Set yourself a reward every time you achieve your "micro" goal. Figuring out what kind of reward you will give yourself when you achieve these goals in itself it is very exciting! This will give you the extra motivation to charge on and accomplish your long-term goal! A reward for me would be having a long bath or allowing time to read for hours. Something that makes you feel good.
3. Don't set too many rules for yourself. Having resolutions and goals is so important but it is important to be kind to yourself. To change a habit it can take 4 - 6 months so give yourself a break and if you miss a day or eat something you were trying not to eat accept it and start again as soon as you can. If I have a meal that I know is not very good for me I make sure I eat well for the rest of the day instead of saying to myself I will start again tomorrow, this works well for me.
4. Believe that you are capable. The mind is very powerful. Having the right mindset will allow you to achieve anything you want out of life. I know Ive done this and I have no doubt a lot of you are the same. I will be out with a friend discussing plans e.g. uni, career, aspirations ect and they have some doubts about whether they can do it and it's funny, as I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that they can achieve what they want in life.
Why don't we ever have the same confidence in ourselves, imagine how powerful your mind would be if you believed in yourself they way we believe in others!
- See link below for some tips on how to know you can do anything you set your mind to: http://www.paulcbrunson.com/2014/01/10-things-stop-today-order-believe-in-yourself-tomorrow/
Wishing everyone a happy and a healthy start to the year ☺
we would love to hear what your New Years Resolutions are?