I just adore eggplant!!! It really needs to be cooked just right, but when it is, it is so delicious!
This recipe is a family favourite and very easy to prepare.
Serves 3-4 people
- 3-4 eggplants - slice the smallest amount of the side of each eggplant and slice in the middle of the sliced off section allowing the eggplant to be stuffed once cooked.
- Handful of fresh basil chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Cherry tomatoes x 2 punnets - cut into slices
- Tin of butter beans (can substitute for any other kind of beans if preferred) - drain and wash
- Garlic clove diced
- Teaspoon of olive oil
- Red onion diced
- Teaspoon of turmeric
- Teaspoon of cumin
1. Place all eggplants onto baking tray and place in oven at 170 degrees and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked mostly through.
2. Using a fry pan brown diced onion and garlic in a pan with olive oil.
3. Add turmeric and cumin and cook spices out for 3-5 minutes not allowing to burn.
4. Add cherry tomatoes and beans and allow to cook for 20 minutes on low temperature .
5. Once cooked add half of the basil and all of the parley and stir through.
6. Using a spoon (not too big) stuff eggplants with mixture.
7. Place eggplants in oven for 20 minutes, once ready remove from oven and sprinkle remaining basil on top of each eggplant and serve.